Business Development & Expansion Manager France
RemoteGermany, Berlin, BerlinGo-to-Market
Are you looking to join a dynamic, highly motivated team creating better career outcomes for millions globally? Do you want to join a startup, while not losing the safety net of a more established company? Then you should read on!
Handshake is the largest early career network in the world, bringing together 20 million students and young alumni, 1,400 colleges and universities and 650,000 employers (including 100% of the Fortune 500). Our recent $200 million fundraise will fuel our next phase of growth and propel our mission to democratize access to opportunity and ensure any student can build a great career no matter who they know, where they live or what school they attend.
'Talentspace by Handshake' is Handshake's platform for recruiting events and the first product we offer on the European market. Founded in 2017 as a startup in Berlin, we joined Handshake in 2022. We continue to operate autonomously as a startup while driving Handshake's expansion into Europe.
As a Business Development & Expansion Manager, you'll work directly with one of our founders and will play a key role in driving growth in France.
The goal of the Business Development team is to provide university career centres and other career event organizers with our platform so that their students can connect with employers through events virtually or in-person. As a Business Development & Expansion Manager you will:
- Develop and execute a sales strategy for acquiring new customers in France;
- Identify target customers, constantly engaging and building trusting relationships with them;
- Conduct meetings with decision-makers to win them as customers (outreach, platform demos, contract negotiations etc.);
- Increase awareness of Talentspace and Handshake among universities and other career event organizers through different means (conferences, networking, partnership etc.);
- Work closely with marketing to come up with creative ways to drive growth in your market;
- Become a market expert.
- Min. 2 years of experience in sales, strategic partnerships, consulting, business development or similar
- You are goal-oriented and have the drive to succeed
- You enjoy networking with people and building strong relationships
- You are fluent in French and have a good command of written and spoken English
- You are well organized, keep track of things, and are not afraid to speak your mind
- You are passionate about our mission to democratize access to opportunity